Scenic Lake, Glowworms, Hot pools and Kayak Tour
Enjoy a scenic sea-kayak tour past the cascading native bush including the Pohutukawa, NZ’s native Christmas tree. View classic kiwi holiday homes dotted amongst the cliffs and coves. Explore the quiet lakes’ edge with abundant bird life before parting the bush to enter the glow worm cave. Relax in the natural thermal hot pools as you reflect on the experience. Glide over the calm waters with NZ’s only scenic lake and glow worm cave kayak tour. Enjoy the myths and legends of the Maori people linked to Lake Rotoiti.
Tour Length: 6 Hours Ex Tauranga (2.5 Hours on the water)
- All kayaking equipment to cater for all weather types
- Admission to Manupirua Thermal Hot pools
- Dry Bags for Camera’s (we take no responsibility for your camera’s)
Guest will require:
- Swimwear and Towel
- Sunscreen, Sunhat & Sunglasses are optional (but highly recommended)
- Light warm, comfortable clothing is recommended and preferably no jeans. Layers of clothing are good.
- No previous kayaking experience required but a reasonable level of fitness is needed